It’s kinda frustrating when such an important apps such as Mail.app gets troubled you. In OS X 10.5, setting up emails Mail.app works perfectly, especially Gmail’s POP, but in OS X 10.7 the create-email wizard keep using IMAP, I just want to use POP. Somehow, after a couple of self-experiment, I managed to create Gmail POP account on OS X 10.7′s Mail.app, here we go:
- Click “File” menu, then choose the “Add Account…”
- Insert the required field, hold Option button on the keyboard, then the “Create” button will change to “Continue”, click it. If you dont hold the Option button, Mail will automatically setup your Gmail account with IMAP
- Choose POP as the Account Type, change Incoming Mail Server to: “pop.gmail.com”, click Continue button
- Tick on the “Use only this server”, and click Continue
- Click Create button, after the new account succesfully created go to Mail Preferences… (Cmd+,) and click on “Accounts” tab
- Choose the gmail account that you just created early, go to “Advanced” tab, and change the Port from 993 to 995, then untick the “Remove copy from server bla bla bla… ”, close the Preferences window, and click the Save button to wrap things up!
And we’re done.